Aminobutyric acid is a naturally occurring non-protein amino acid in plants, animals and the human body. In the human body it acts as an inhibitory neurotransmitter.
Applying Aminobutyric Acid to the skin causes the muscles to relax within minutes. It smooths the expressions lines due to its “Botox-like” effect.
In addition, Aminobutyric acid stimulates the skin’s own synthesis of hyaluronic acid, which leads to a formation of new collagen and supports the ability to repair the skin barrier.
Aminobutyric acid can also stimulate the production and proliferation of skin protection peptides such as involucrin and glutathione in the epidermis. The proliferation of fibroblasts in the dermis is supported by the use of Aminobutyric acid in cosmetic products.
We recommend adding Aminobutyric acid directly to the aqueous phase.
Usage of 3.4 mg/L of GABA increases the production of epidermal cells up to 1.2 times.
Usage of 12.5 mg/L of Aminobutyric Acid increases the production of involucrum up to 1.4 times.
Recommended use concentration
0.05 – 0.5 %
soluble in water
|White crystalline powder
• Excellent booster for different preservative active ingredients
• Improves moisturizing efficiency
• Non skin sensitizer or irritating different skin types
• Excellent sensory profile
• Highest purity and more or less odorless
• Easy to use liquid ingredient with global approvals
• Extremely good temperature and pH stability