HYDRO-B18® is a cutting-edge water-soluble form of natural 18-ß-glycyrrhetinic acid which – in its original form – has poor bioavailability and very low water solubility. 18-ß-glycyrrhetinic acid is regarded as one of the most effective functional ingredients in nature with marked anti-inflammatory and soothing activity.
HYDRO-B18® contains 10% free and intact 18-ß-glycyrrhetinic acid delivered in a 100% plant derived medium.
In-vivo comparative tests show that HYDRO-B18® is more effective in treating erythema than standard Bisabolol and Ammonium Glycyrrhizate.
|pH||7.5 – 9.5|
|Specific gravity(25°C)||1.13 - 1.15 g/ml|
|Dry residue(at 105°C)||55 - 57%|
|Solubility||Transparent soluble in demineralized water|
at pH 7-9. The presence of surfactant allows
for wider transparent solubility in a wider pH
• Transparent soluble in demineralized water at pH 7-9. The presence of surfactant allows widening its transparent solubility in a wider pH range.
• 100% plant-derived and palm-free
• CORTISONE-LIKE INGREDIENT Cortisone-like ingredients such as glycyrrhetinic acid relieves skin irritations without the typical side effects of corticosteroids. It can be applied daily as part of a preventive skincare regime for sensitive skin and especially in skincare products for infants who have not yet developed a protective hydro-lipid film or acid mantle.
• ANTI-ITCHING ACTION Glycyrrhetinic acid reduces the rise of itching. In particular, it has been shown that glycyrrhetinic acid reduces chronic pruritus by reducing the level of leukotrienes produced.
• ANTI-MELANOGENIC ACTION In-vitro studies on cell lines have shown that treatment with glycyrrhizin and its aglycone, glycyrrhetinic acid — both before and during sun exposure — prevents oxidative damage.