Emulsifiers & Surfactants
OLEAMULS® W/S is a 100% plant derived “hydrophilic lipid” with adjustable HLB values.
It represents a natural alternative to common PEG refatting agents and co-emulsifiers.
OLEAMULS® W/S possesses very interesting characteristics as an O/W emulsifier and a co-emulsifier for W/O emulsions. When added to vegetable oils or esters, it strengthens the defenses of the hydrolipidic film; it decreases TEWL and it leaves a pleasant sensation of freshness on the skin.
It has been proven that liquid crystal emulsions moisturize the epidermis and protect it by reducing TEWL
Dosage level 1 – 2%
|pH||6.0 – 8.0|
|Dry residue(105°C)||97 – 99%|
|Acid number||5 max.(mg KOH/g)|
|Saponification number||15 – 35|
• 100% plant-derived and palm-free.
• Eudermic and functional properties of olive oil.
• Pleasant sensation of freshness on the skin when added to vegetable oils or esters.
• Excellent skin and oral compatibility and very low acidity, in fact OLEAMULS® WS is edible.
• Dispersible in warm water-ethanol and propylene glycol.