Piroctone olamine is the ethanolamine salt of the hydroxamic acid derivative piroctone.
Piroctone olamine exerts potent antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial activity.
It is used in the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis and peeling.
It fights against the proliferation of Pityrosporum Ovale, which is the main cause of dandruff production.
Piroctone olamine is ideal for those with oily hair, as it regulates the production of sebum in the scalp. It plays an important role in eliminating bad odors and also has an anti-oxidant action and contrasts free radicals, the main cause of aging.
Rinse-off Anti-dandruff/ Anti-acne / Pet care: 0.1 - 1.0%
Leave-on Anti-dandruff/ Anti-acne / Pet care: 0.05 - 0.5%
Deodorant Spray: 0.2 - 0.5%
|Appearance||White crystalized powder|
|Assay (%)||≥98 %|
The MIC of PO against 11 microorganisms stabilizes between 6.25 and 25mg/L - (theoretical minimum dosage 0.0025 %). Wide-spectrum of antibacteria and antifungi properties
Formaldehyde-free, Paraben-free, broad-spectrum anti-microbial
The Features of SpecKare® PO
• Excellent anti-dandruff activity by soothing inflamed scalp and reducing flaking
• Effectively eliminates unpleasant odor, both for humans and pets
• Additional thickening properties
• Decreases the sebum output at the skin surface, suitable for anti-acne application
• Increase the mean hair shaft thickness, suitable for volume-up formula
• Clinically approved effective, safe to use, non-irritating
• More formulation flexibility & solubility, also suitable for clear type