SESAMULS® WO is a non-ionic Water in Oil emulsifying system obtained from the esterification of Olive Oil’s fatty acids, Sesame Oil and Malic Acid from apples with vegetal polyglycerol. It represents the best alternative to common PEG emulsifiers.
SESAMULS® WO forms a lattice of liquid crystals within the emulsion making it look smooth and glossy in appearance, rich to the touch and pleasant to apply. It allows to formulate stable emulsions containing as low as 30-35% of natural oils as their sole source of lipids regardless of their polarity and obtain completely natural emulsions with a nourishing feel but easy to absorb.
SESAMULS® WO helps increasing SPF and water resistance; it functions as a shine enhancer that improves the shine of make-up products.
SESAMULS® WO is compatible and effective with any kind of oils and esters but is particularly recommended for emulsions with an oil phase between 15 – 30%. If the oil phase concentration (outer phase) is increased, the viscosity of the formulation decreases. If a higher viscosity is needed, a common lipid gelling wax can be added to the formulation.
Dosage level 4 – 7%
|Appearance||Viscous oily liquid|
|pH||6.0 – 8.0|
|Dry residue||97 - 99%|
|Acid number||7 max. (mg KOH/g)|
|Saponification number||165 – 185|
• 100% plant-derived raw materials.
• Ideal for nourishing emulsions for sensitive and dry skins manufactured via cold processing technique in alternative to the Water in Oil (WO) PEG emulsifier.
• Thanks to the liquid-crystal structures it is possible to have stabilization of the emulsion viscosity even in presence of lipid phases with different polarities. Does not require co-emulsifiers.
• Compatible under extreme anionic and cationic conditions across a wide range of pH values (pH 3-9).
• It facilitates the dispersion of any sort of powder, from titanium dioxide to iron oxides, and it functions as a shine enhancer that improves the shine of make-up products.
• Emulsions are easily absorbed and, despite being rich in natural lipids, neither greasy nor sticky.
• Soluble in ethanol, mineral and vegetal oils, fatty acids, fatty alcohols and their derivatives.
• Body care • Sun care • Day & night creams • Make-up