STABILGREEN® K is a new 100% natural (vegetable and mineral) “hydrophilic lipid” capable of stabilizing even the most difficult emulsions, making them particularly fresh and light and giving them a pleasant “velvety” effect.
STABILGREEN® K is an effective co-emulsifying system that boosts the stability of OW emulsions and helps reducing the amount of the primary emulsifier. It is also a valuable trouble-shooter. It helps formulators to recoup OW emulsions that are not perfectly stable after emulsification as it can be added “on the fly” at cold process. Formulators can prepare a wide range of products with oil concentrations as low as 2% and as high as approximately 50% without any unpleasant oily feel
To increase the viscosity, long-chain fatty alcohols and/or hydrocolloids should be added. The level of these secondary thickeners can be further increased if STABILGREEN K® is combined with the primary emulsifier.
Recommended concentration: 0.5 – 2%
|pH||6.0 – 8.0|
|Acid Value||25 max. (mg KOH/g)|
|Saponification value||50 - 70|
|Dry residue (105°C)||92 - 94%|
• Excellent stability at high and low temperatures
• Good water resistance thanks to the formation of a superficial hydrophobic film
• Excellent sensorial characteristics: long lasting emollient/moisturizing effect
• Particularly easy and pleasant to apply
• It leaves no oily feel or greasy appearance