|Synonyms||Bis(2-Chloroethyl) ether; Dichloroethyl ether; 1,1'-Oxybis(2-chloro)ethane; sym-Dichloroethyl ether; Diethylene glycol dichloride|
Dichlorodiethyl ether (DCDE) is a clear liquid with the odor of chlorinated solvent. It belongs to the Chloroalkyl ethers.
- Intermediate for Pharmaceutical, cosmetic active ingredient and agrochemicals.
- Raw material to produce polysulfide rubber (aircraft fuel tank coating)
- Solvent in oilfield, wax, grease, tar, pectin, and rubber (insoluble in soap and ethyl cellulose)
- Reagent for high grade lubricants
- Raw material to produce N,N-dimethyl cyclohexylamine, N-methyl cyclohexylamine, divinyl ether, dichloro-hexane heterocycles, dibutyl ether, 1.4-morpholine and 4-amino-morpholine.
Under proper storage conditions, the shelf life is 6 months
Health & Safety
Detailed information on the product described can be found in our relevant Health and Safety Information (Material Safety Data Sheet)