3-Aminopropyl-triethoxy silane is a bifunctional silane possessing a reactive primary amino group and hydrolyzable ethoxysilyl groups.
The dual nature of its reactivity allows 3-Aminopropyltriethoxysilane to act as adhesive promoter between inorganic materials (i.e. glass, metals, fillers) and organic polymers (i.e. thermosets, thermoplastics, elastomers).
3-Aminopropyltriethoxysilane can also work as surface modifier.
3-Aminopropyltriethoxysilane is a colorless to slightly yellowish low-viscosity liquid with an amine-like odor. It is soluble in alcohols, and aliphatic or aromatic hydrocarbons.
In addition 3-Aminopropyltriethoxysilane is completely and immediately soluble in water (with reaction).
3-Aminopropyltriethoxysilane is an important additive for many applications, like:.
In the various applications of 3-Aminopropyl methyl diethoxy silane we can identify its usage as as a primer or additive and for chemical modification in sealants and adhesives.
Other application of 3-Aminopropyltriethoxysilane are:
- Glass fiber/glass fabric composites: as a finish or size constituent
- Mineral fiber insulating materials and abrasives: as an additive to phenolic resin binders
- Foundry resins: as an additive to phenolic, furan and melamine resins
- Mineral-filled polymers (composites) or HFFR cables: for pretreatment of fillers and pigments
- Paints and coatings: as an additive and primer for improving adhesion to the substrate.
- As a primer for glass and metal
Packaging & Shelf Life:
Under proper storage conditions the shelf life is 12 months.
Health & Safety:
Detailed information on the product described can be found in our relevant Health and Safety Information (Material Safety Data Sheet).