|Synonyms||Co-polymers of ethylene and propylene oxides giving water soluble product; Oxirane, methyl-, polymer with Oxirane, monobutyl|
Contex A series
Contex A series are water soluble ethylene oxide (EO)/propylene Oxide (PO) copolymer and features a high viscosity index, low pour point, clean burn properties, inverse water solubility, low surface tension and low foam characteristics.
- Textile lubricants
- As a base-stock in textile
- Lubricants: Contex A series can lubricate polyester, polyamide, and polypropylene multifilament yarns, especially in texturizing operations and can also be used on woolens and cellulosics.
- Metalworking fluids: The inverse water solubility, good heat transfer properties and inherent lubricity characteristics results a perfect choice as a base to produce metal working fluids from aqueous solutions of Contex A series.
- Gear/bearing and Calendar lubricants especially in high operating temperatures or in high loading environments.
- Rubber lubricants of rubber hoses and tires, especially in high operating temperatures or in high loading environments.
- Polyethylene extrusion aid in the production of extruded polyethylene
- Mold release agents of rubber hoses and tires, especially in high operating temperatures or in high loading environments
- Compressor lubricant when working with non-oxidizing gases such as ethylene, neon, helium, and argon
Contex A series offer the advantage of being biodegradable in neat products and are more soluble in cold water than in hot water, if inverse water solubility is required.
An aqueous solution of Contex A series will have a low surface tension and thus good wetting and penetration characteristics, while also exhibiting low foaming characteristics. In high temperature applications where decomposition can occur, Contex A series typically do not leave black carbon or sticky residues. The decomposition products are volatile or are solubilized into the base-stock. Oxidation stability can be improved by the inclusion of anti-oxidants.
Connect Chemicals is able to supply tailor made products to satisfy customer's needs.
Packaging & Shelf Life
Drums à 200 kg net, IBC à 1000 kg net, Isotank on demand
Under proper storage conditions the shelf life is 12 months
Health & Safety
Detailed information on the product described can be found in our relevant Health and Safety Information (Material Safety Data Sheet).