Denatonium Benzoate (Denatrol®)
Denatonium Benzoate (Denatrol®) with CAS 3734-33-6 is a bittering agent used as an aversion additive in various chemical and manufactured products
Connect Chemicals is the appointed distributor of the Denatrol® product range of Wincom, Inc. in Europe. Wincom Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Denatonium Benzoate located in the United States.
The primary use of DNB is for taste a version purposes for poison prevention. Denatonium Benzoate not only leaves a bitter flavor in the liquids, but also leaves a bitter residue on objects, like screens and keyboards, that may transfer to hands and cause problems (such as when eating). This chemical is not intended for use in any products or chemicals in which the intention is human ingestion.
- Antifreeze / engine coolants
- Windshield wiper fluids
- Personal care and cosmetic products such as e.g. nail polish removers
- Denatured alcohols such as ethanol
- Hand sanitizer
- Rodent baits
The Denatrol® range of products does consists of Denatonium Benzoate in various solvents such as ethylene glycol, propylene glycol, methanol and ethanol. Customer specific products are available, the most widely used products are as follows:
- Denatrol® 100: DNB solid, powder
- Denatrol® EG : 25 Wt/Vol% DNB in ethylene glycol
- Denatrol® 20EG: 20 Wt% DNB in ethylene glycol
- Denatrol® 25PG: 25 Wt/Vol% DNB in propylene glycol
- Denatrol® 35PG: 35 Wt/Vol% DNB in propylene glycol
- Denatrol® 40EG: 40 Wt% DNB in ethylene glycol
- Denatrol® 40MW: 40 Wt% DNB in methanol/water
- Denatrol® 25MW: 25 Wt% DNB in methanol/water
- Denatrol® 25ET: 25 Wt% DNB in ethanol
Under proper storage conditions, the shelf life is five years or greater. Following the five-year time interval, the product should be reanalyzed
Health & Safety
Detailed information on the product described can be found in our relevant Health and Safety Information (Material Safety Data Sheet).