Denatonium Benzoate (Denatrol®)
Denatonium Benzoate (Denatrol®) with CAS 3734-33-6 is a bittering agent used as an aversion additive in various chemical and manufactured products
Connect Chemicals is the appointed distributor of the Denatrol® product range of Wincom, Inc. in Europe. Wincom Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Denatonium Benzoate located in the United States.
. The primary use of DNB is for taste aversion purposes for poison prevention. Denatonium Benzoate not only leaves a bitter flavor in the liquids, but also leaves a bitter residue on objects, like screens and keyboards, that may transfer to hands and cause problems (such as when eating). This chemical is not intended for use in any products or chemicals in which the intention is human ingestion.
Applications Denatonium Benzoate is used in:
- antifreeze / engine coolants
- windshield wiper fluids
- personal care and cosmetic products such as e.g. nail polish removers
- denatured alcohols such as ethanol
- hand sanitizer
- rodent baits
- The Denatrol® range of products does consists of Denatonium Benzoate in various solvents such as ethylene glycol, propylene glycol, methanol and ethanol. Customer specific products are available, the most widely used products are as follows:
- Product Description
- Denatrol® 100 DNB solid, powder
- Denatrol® EG 25 Wt/Vol% DNB in ethylene glycol
- Denatrol® 20EG 20 Wt% DNB in ethylene glycol
- Denatrol® 25PG 25 Wt/Vol% DNB in propylene glycol
- Denatrol® 35PG 35 Wt/Vol% DNB in propylene glycol
- Denatrol® 40EG 40 Wt% DNB in ethylene glycol
- Denatrol® 40MW 40 Wt% DNB in methanol/water
- Denatrol® 25MW 25 Wt% DNB in methanol/water
- Denatrol® 25ET 25 Wt% DNB in ethanol
Packaging & Shelf Life
hobbocks, pails, drums, IBCs
Under normal storage conditions, Denatrol EG has a shelf-life of five (5) years or greater. Following the five-year time interval, the product should be reanalyzed.
Health & Safety
Detailed information on the product described can be found in our relevant Health and Safety Information (Material Safety Data Sheet).