|Synonyms||Ethylene distearamide; EBS; 1,2-Bis(octadecanamido)ethane; Ethylenebisoctadecanamide; Ethylenebis(stearylamide); Ethylenediamine; bisstearamide; N-[2-(octadecanoylamino)ethyl]octadecanamide; N-(2-stearamidoethyl)stearamide; N,N'-1,2-Ethanediylbisoctadecanamide; N,N'-Distearoylethylenediamine; N,N'-ethane-1,2-diyldioctadecanamide; N,N'-Ethylenebisstearamide; N,N'-Ethylenedistearamide; n,n'-Ethylene distearylamide; Octadecanamide, N,N'-1,2-ethanediylbis-,Octadecanamide, N,N'-ethylenebis-, Octadecanamide, N,N'-ethylenebis-, Stearic acid: Ethylenediamine diamide; 110-30-5;|
Ethylenebisstearamide is an amide wax. It is used in various industries as internal/external lubricant, mold release agent, dispersant and slip- and anti-blocking-agent. Because of its excellent lubricating properties, it is widely used internally and/or externally in most plastics such as ABS, PS, PP, etc.
Used as additive Ethylenebisstearamide can be incorporated directly into polymers to prevent any unwanted adhesion. Adhesive pellets or film often develop adhesion between the polymer pellets or layers when exposed to elevated temperatures and pressures. EBS is used to prevent adhesive granulate from sticking together during storage, or to prevent adhesive film layers to attract dirt or stick together before application by reactivation or melting. It can also be used as a process aid, for example to improve dispersion of fillers.
EBS can also be a binder in the precise engineering metal part. Due to its good dispersing ability and surface migration EBS can be used in printing inks. Another field of application is the bitumen industry: When used in asphalt binder for road making (asphalt modifiers), EBS increases its softening point and enhances its visco-elasticity.
- Release agent and flow promoter for all engineering resins, Styrenics and their copolymers
- Lubricant in powder metal molding, rubber, adhesives, coatings, wire drawing, wood plastic composite
- Defoamer in paper
- Lubricant for Polyacetals
- Water repellent for paper
- Intermediate for defoamers
- Delustering agent for furniture finishes and printing inks
- Dispersing agent for masterbatch applications, preferably for engineering resins and PVC
- Modifier in textile auxiliaries
1. EBS is used as lubricant with good inner or outer lubricant action and has good coordination when used together with other lubricants as high grade alcohols, aliphatic acid esters, calcium stearate and paraffin. In the processing of ABS, AS, hard PVC, polyformaldehyde, polycarbonate, polyurethane and phenolformaldehyde resins, EBS is used as lubricant demoulding agent with a quantity of 0.5~1.5 %.
2. Used as anti-adhesive agent for various polymer film or sheets. An addition of 0.5-1 % of it can not only prevent the occurrence of air bubbles but also make the plastic bags be slippery so as to be opened easily.
3. EBS can remarkably enhance the heat-resistant and weather-resistant properties while coordinating with chief stabilizer in formulation of inorganic filler for PVC and polyolefin. As EBS has strong cohesions with pigment or other filler, it can improve the dispersion and coupling property of fillers in the polymers to enhance the commercial value of the products.
4. Used as nucleation transparency agent to reduce the nucleating time in compounds such as polyolefins, polyformaldehyde and polyamide, promote the structure of resin to become fine, thus improve the mechanical property and transparency of the products.
5. In synthetic fiber industry, EBS can improve the heat-resistant, weather-resistant property of polyester and polyamide and bring about certain antistatic effects. It is used in the spinning of antistatic nylon fiber as additive and also is able to reduce the breaking of yarn.
6. Used as processing auxiliary of rubber. Besides the lubricant demoulding property and modifying performance of filler surface, it can raise the surface fineness of rubber pipes and rubber plates to act as rubber surface polishing agent. EBS improves the kneading, processing and vulcanization performance of rubber grains in the processing of rubber.
7. Added in the coating production to increase the uniform dispersion of pigment and filler, improve the surface leveling property of baking paint, prevent the stripping off of paint film and improve water-proof and acid-resistant and alkali-resistant property. In nitrocellulose lacquers, it can bring about the flatting action.
8. Used as lubricant in powder metallurgy (PM) steels to reduce the inter-particle and die-wall friction during pressing and hence improve powder compressibility and ejection of the component from the compaction tool.
9. Used as defoamer/ anti-foaming agent and coating component of paper for paper-making industry.
10. Added in the manufacturing process of dope and oil paint to enhance salt mist and dampproof effect and to improve performance of paint remover. As EBS has good wearable performance and smoothing performance, fits for improving polishing performance of lacquer, air release of surface with holes, it is also well used as dulling agent for polishing furniture and printing ink.
Under proper storage conditions, the shelf life is 36 months
Health & Safety
Detailed information on the product described can be found in our relevant Health and Safety Information (Material Safety Data Sheet)