|Synonyms||Gamma-amino butyric acid (GABA); GABA; 4-aminobutanoic acid|
Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is a non-protein amino acid that is widely present in organisms. Several important physiological functions of gamma-aminobutyric acid have been characterized, such as neurotransmission, induction of hypotension, diuretic effects and tranquilizer effects.
Its principal role is reducing neuronal excitability throughout the nervous system.
- Food supplement industry, sold as a dietary additive
- Further applications are Agro chemistry, Food supplement and API synthesis
- It is also widely used as fertilizer and plant growth stimulator in the agrochemical formulation
- For the production of many APIs in the pharmaceutical industry:
- Buclizine: As an antihistamine and anticholinergic
- Progabide: Antiepileptic drugs
- Cromakalim: It has vasorelaxing effect. It is used in cardiovascular treatment.
- Alendronic acid: It is a bisphosphonate medication used to treat osteoporosis and Paget's disease of bone.
Under proper storage conditions the shelf life is 24 months.
Health & Safety
Detailed information on the product described can be found in our relevant Health and Safety Information (Material Safety Data Sheet).
This product is not available in: USA, India