|Synonyms||Hexafluorozirconic acid; Fluozirconic acid; Hydrogen hexafluorozirconate|
Hexafluorozirconic acid (HFZA)
Hexafluorozirconic acid (HFZA) is mainly used as corrosion inhibitor by customers active in the metal and coatings industry. It does show highest effectiveness on aluminium though it can be used on other metals as well. Customers are using Hexafluorozirconic acid as an alternative of nickel based products with less hazardous properties when it comes to environmental as well as health & safety related regulations.
Applications of Hexafluorozirconic Acid include electroplating, aluminum lacquering in chrome-free processes, synthesis of fluoride releasing dental monomers, as a precursor of ZrO2 ceramic films as well as metal surface passivation.
Hexafluorozirconic acid reduces the occurrence of sludge as a side product – e.g. in Zincphosphate based systems
- Product can be offered as a 20% and 45% solution
Packaging & Shelf Life
- Drums of 25kg and 250kg net
- IBCs / totes of 1.250 / 1.400kg net
- Others on request
Under proper storage conditions the shelf life is 12 months.
Health & Safety
- Hexafluorozirconic acid has corrosive effects on metals as well as on skin and eyes. It is thus classified as a class 8 product as per ADR, IMDG, IATA regulations. The related UN code is 2922.
- For more detailed information on this product with regards to health and safety properties please refer to our Material Safety Data Sheet.