|Synonyms||2-methyl-1,3-Propanediol; 1,3-Dihydroxy-2-methylpropane; 1,3-Dihydroxyisobutane; b-Hydroxyisobutanol|
Methylpropanediol (MP Diol)
Methylpropanediol (MPO) is a clear, colorless liquid which has little or no odor. It is soluble in water at room temperature, has a soft and non-tacky feel and can be added directly in the aqueous phase.
It is a solvent for various Industries and has many uses such as Anti-freezer, Monomer for the preparation of Copolymer, Agricultural chemicals, Coating, Binder, Cleaner solvent. Methylpropanediol (MPO) is an excellent alternative to usual glycol such as 1.3-butylene glycol, 1.2-propylene glycol, 1.2-pentylene glycol, dipropylene glycol, sorbitol or glycerin.
- skincare, makeup, hair care, antiperspirant, toiletries, Fragrances
- Used to improve the skin feel.
- The use of can reduce significantly the amount of usual preservatives needed in the formulation.
- In cosmetics, Methylpropanediol (MPO) acts as a multipurpose ingredient (emollient, humectant, booster, solvent)
- Methylpropanediol (MPO) allows improving the feeling and the hydration of cosmetic cream in association with glycerine,
- With its excellent toxicological profile and not listed as a preservative regarding the European Cosmetic Regulation, Methylpropanediol MPO can be used without restrictions.
- Concentration recommended: 5 - 25%
Under proper storage conditions, the shelf life 12 month
Health & Safety
Detailed information on the product described can be found in our relevant Health and Safety Information (Material Safety Data Sheet)