|CAS No|| |
|EINECS/ ELINCS No.|| |
n-Octylphosphonic acid; Phosphonic acid, octyl-; 1-octyl phosphonic acid; Phosphonic, p-octyl-
OPA 80% is an 80% solution 1-octyl phosphonic acid / OPA 97% is a 97% version of 1-octyl phosphonic acid. The material is used as a surface modifier, chelant and in the sodium and potassium salt forms has surfactant properties useful in the formulation of hard surface cleaners.
- Pearlescent pigments
- Metallic flake pigments
- Pigments become suitable for powder coating formulations
- OPA improves luminance and flop of powder formulations
- Improved chroma results. Example data below:
- Aluminum flake pigment stabilization; improved gassing performance up to 50%
- Stain inhibitor for aluminum surfaces
- Wetting agent
- Scale remover
- Corrosion inhibitor
Research projects were already implemented for:
- mixed self-assembled layers of phosphonic acids
- low adhesion, non-wetting phosphonate self-assembled monolayer films formed on copper oxide surfaces
- study of the self-assembling of n-octylphosphonic acid layers on aluminum oxide
- fabrication of DNA nanowires by orthogonal self-assembly and DNA intercalation on a Au patterned Si/SiO2 surface
Packaging & Shelf Life:
- Drum à 204kg net.
- IBC à 1000 kg net.
- Shelf life: one year from the certification date
Health & Safety:
Detailed information on the product described can be found in our relevant Health and Safety Information (Material Safety Data Sheet).