|Synonyms||n-Octylphosphonic acid; Phosphonic acid, octyl-; 1-octyl phosphonic acid; Phosphonic, p-octyl-|
OPA 80% is an 80% solution 1-octyl phosphonic acid / OPA 97% is a 97% version of 1-octyl phosphonic acid. The material is used as a surface modifier, chelant and in the sodium and potassium salt forms has surfactant properties useful in the formulation of hard surface cleaners.
- Application: Pigments
- Surface Modification
- Pearlescent pigments
- Metallic flake pigments
Pigments become suitable for powder coating formulations. OPA improves luminance and flop of powder formulations
Improved chroma results.
Example data below
Formulation Luminance Chroma
1% OPA 32 6.5
Control 27 0.4
- Aluminum flake pigment stabilization; improved gassing performance up to 50%
- stain inhibitor for aluminum surfaces Application: Cleansers
- wetting agent
- scale remover
- corrosion inhibitor
Research projects were already implemented for:
- mixed self-assembled layers of phosphonic acids
- low adhesion, non-wetting phosphonate self-assembled monolayer films formed on copper oxide surfaces
- study of the self-assembling of n-octylphosphonic acid layers on aluminum oxide
- fabrication of DNA nanowires by orthogonal self-assembly and DNA intercalation on a Au patterned Si/SiO2 surface
(two sections implemented as standard for each product page)
Packaging & Shelf Life:
Drum à 204kg net.
IBC à 1000 kg net.
Life time: one year from the certification date
Health & Safety:
(standard sentence) Detailed information on the product described can be found in our relevant Health and Safety Information (Material Safety Data Sheet).