|EINECS/ ELINCS No.||203-180-0|
|Synonyms||p-Methylbenzenesulfonic acid; p-Methylphenylsulfonic acid; p-Toluene sulfonate; P-Toluene Sulfonate; p-Toluene-sulfonic acid; p-Toluenesulfonate; p-Toluenesulfonic acid; p-Toluenesulfonic acid sodium salt; p-Toluenesulfonic acid, silver(1+) salt; p-Toluenesulfonic acid, sodium salt; P-Toluenesulfonyl Derivative; p-Toluenesulphonic acid|
p-Toluenesulfonic acid Monohydrate
Connect Chemicals does focus on selling the dry monohydrate grade of p-Toluenesulfonic Acid.
PTSA is comparable in strength to mineral acids such as Sulphuric acid, but is suitable for organic reactions where an inorganic, mineral acid could cause charring, oxidation, or an unwanted chemical reaction. It is further used for acid-catalyst reaction such as esterification, condensation, acetylation and alkylation.
- hardening agent of furan resins (sand casting)
- oxidising acid, low corrosion catalyst in the production of Butylacetate, Ethylacetate, Butylacrylate
- production of plasitcizers such as DOP, DBP, etc.
- curing agent in thermosetting resin systems, varnishes, acrylic resins and foundry resins-
- neutralising agent in acrylonitrile production
- food packaging adhesive
- anti-stress additive for electroplating baths
Packaging & Shelf Life
- bags of 25kg net
- others on request
Under proper storage conditions the shelf life is 24 months
Health & Safety
Detailed information on the product can be found in our Material Safety Data Sheet