|Synonyms||Phosphino carboxylic acid; PCA|
Phosphino carboxylic acid (PCA)
Phosphino carboxylic acid (PCA) provides greater flexibility and better performance in developing multiple antiscalant programs for a variety of scales found in boiler systems, foods plants, and cleaning applications.
Connect Chemicals is well recognized in the market as expert and capable partner for water treatment additives. Thanks to Connect Chemicals engineer experience we've developed a polymers series for water treatment including our Phosphino carboxylic acid (PCA).
Phosphino carboxylic acid (PCA) is a multifunctional product that provides the benefits of many separate products, including:
- Excellent calcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, silicate, and iron oxide dispersancy all in a single product.
- Better deposit control than methacrylates, acrylates, and copolymers.
- FDA approved (21 cfr 173.310) as boiler additives for use in applications where steam may contact food.
- Wide application range across industries, for both online and offline system protection and system cleanups.
- Phosphino carboxylic acid (PCA) is soluble/miscible in Water and Ethylene glycol in all proportions
- The product is soluble in Caustic Soda (46%). If diluted with Methanol, a precipitation may occur.
- Phosphino carboxylic acid (PCA) can be used without pH limitations. It does not form insoluble sodium or potassium salts. The product is hydrolytically stable and can be incorporated into concentrated formulations regardless of the final pH.
- Phosphino carboxylic acid (PCA) is stable at temperatures up to 200°C.
- Phosphino carboxylic acid (PCA) is not affected by chlorine or other oxidizing biocides in standard
Under proper storage conditions, the shelf life is 12 months
Health & Safety
Detailed information on the product described can be found in our relevant Health and Safety Information (Material Safety Data Sheet)