|Synonyms||Diphosphorus pentoxide; phosphoric pentoxide; Phosphorous pentaoxide; P2O5|
Phosphoric anhydride (P2O5)
Product is also known in the market as (di) Phosphorous pentoxide or Phosphoric pentoxide. It is the anhydrous form of phosphoric acid.
There is a wide range of applications in the chemical industry. One of the major ones is the production of Phosphate Esters by reacting P2O5 with the alcohols or phenols.
- catalyst in production of phosphoric acid supported catalysts
- reagent for condensations in organic synthesis such as acetylation, alkylation and others. End products such as cyclic ketones or olefins are widely used in dyes or pharmaceutical intermediates
- production of sodium/ammonium phosphates
- intermediate to produce Polyphosphoric Acid http://www.connectchemicals.com/en/products-finder/polyphosphoric-acid-8017-16-1-270/?from=q-polyphos
- drying agent
Packaging & Shelf Life
- iron drums of 25, 50 or 200kg net – either coated or with inner bag
- big bags of 500kg
- others on request
Under proper storage conditions the shelf life is 12 months
Health & Safety
Detailed information on the product can be found in our Material Safety Data Sheet