|Synonyms||Trimethyl-terminated polydimethylsiloxane, PMDS, Silicone plasticizer, Fluid, dimethylsiloxane|
PDMS Polydimethylsiloxane belongs to a group of polymeric organosilicon compounds that are referred to as silicones. PDMS is the most widely used silicon-based organic-polymer and is particularly known for its unusual rheological or flow properties. PDMS is optically clear and inert, non-toxic, and non-flammable. It is one of several types of silicone oil (polymerized siloxane).
- Component of defoamers
- Ingredient in water-repellent coatings
- Plasticizer in silicone sealants
- Stamp resin in the procedure of soft-lithography
- Lubricant in condoms
- A component in silicone grease
- A component in heat-transfer fluids
- A component in mold-release agents
- Sorbent for the analysis of head-space
Packaging & Shelf Life:
- 200 kg drum
- 950 kg & 1000 kg IBC
Under proper storage conditions, the shelf life is 24 months.
Health & Safety:
Detailed information on the product described can be found in our relevant Health and Safety Information (Material Safety Data Sheet).