|Synonyms||INCI: Polyisobutene; 1-Propene; Isobutylene polymer; Methyl-1-propene, homopolymer; Propene, 2-methyl-, homopolymer; iso-Butylene resin|
Polyisobutylene (PIB) is a very versatile, non-toxic, water-white viscous liquid and has the ability to increase tackiness, to provide water-repellency, to improve viscosity-index and it provides excellent electrical insulation.
Product is also known as Polybutene (PB), and is available in various molecular weights and in various viscosities ranging from 5 to 4,700 cSt @ 100°C. The higher the viscosity and molecular weight the stronger the tackiness of the product.
The Connect PB-range is non-hazardous and has no-odor, whereby the product can be used as a thickener and lubricant in a wide range of applications, such as Adhesives, Glues, Sealants, Resins, Lubricants, Asphalt, Stretch Wrap, Electrical insulation, Cosmetics and Food (Gumbase-grade). The standard molecular weight ranges from 300 to 2400 and the product can be easily mixed/blended into Synthetic and Mineral Oils, Waxes, Solvents, Esters, Polymers, Resins and Bitumen.
Key Benefits of using the Connect PB range
- Very tacky liquid polymer, non-hazardous and no-odor
- Superior corrosion and oxidation-stability against heat, reagent and UV ray
- High thickening efficiency with excellent viscosity-index
- Completely hydrophobic with extremely low electrical conductivity
- Superior solubility to kerosene, coal tar, aromatic compound, hydrogen carbonate chloride, lubricant
- Permanent non-drying properties
- Easy to store with no evaporation or solidification.
Most common applications
- Lubricants: 2-stroke Engine oils, Gear oils, Greases, Hydraulic and Metalworking Fluids
- Adhesives: Pressure Sensitive (PSA) or Hot Melt Adhesives (HMA)
- Caulks & Sealants: Automotive, Window and Tire Sealant
- Stretch Wrap: Tear Resistance improvement, Food Contact
- Electrical Insulation: hydrophobic insulation with no electrical conductivity or oxidation
Drums of 180 kg or 20 mt (heated) ISO tanks
Under proper storage conditions shelf life is minimum 36 months
Health & Safety
Detailed information on the product described can be found in our relevant Health and Safety Information (Material Safety Data Sheet)