|Synonyms||1,2,3-Triacetoxypropane; 1,2,3-Triacetylglycerol; Glycerin triacetate|
Triacetin is the triester of glycerol. It is a colorless, viscous and odorless liquid at room temperature. Triacetin is used in food and cosmetic products. It’s high solvency power and high volatility make it a good solvent and fixative for flavors and fragrances.
Two grades are available: 99,5% purity for flavor & fragrance and a technical grade for industrial applications. We offer Soy-bean and rapeseed oil based products.
- Solvent for flavors & fragrance (FEMA Number : 2007)
- Cosmetic fixative
- Food additive (E1518)
- Plasticizer in chewing gu
- Plasticizer for cigarette filter tips
- Ink coating, cellulose nitrate, cellulose acetate, ethyl cellulose and cellulose acetate butyrate plasticizer and solvent
- Plasticizer and curing agent in foundry resins
Under proper storage conditions, the shelf life is 12 months.
Health & Safety
Detailed information on the product described can be found in our relevant Health and Safety Information (Material Safety Data Sheet).