|Synonyms||Phosphoric acid, tri-n-butyl ester; tri-n-butyl phosphate; Butyl phosphate; Phosphoric acid tributyl ester; celluphos 4; TBP; n-Butyl Phosphate|
Tributyl phosphate (TBP)
Tributyl phosphate (TBP) is an organophosphorous compound, manufactured by esterification of orthophosphoric acid with n-butanol. This colorless and odorless liquid is used in many different industries as extracting solvent, defoaming agent, flame retardant and plasticizer. TBP is a very strong, polar solvent.
Extraction & Purification
- Electronic: Purification of rare metals, such as Hafnium and Nickel
- Nuclear: Purification of Uranium, Zirconium, Thorium and Platinum
- Minerals: Purification of Phosphoric acid by wet process route
- Cellulose: Solvent and plasticizer for nitrocellulose and cellulose acetate
- Aircraft industry for hydraulic fluids
- Automotive industry for silicone based brake fluids
- Oilfield: Fracturing gass wells, cementing oil mud wells
- Construction chemicals: Concrete
- Printing inks and paints: Continuous inkjet printing inks, pigment paste
- Metallurgy: Metal casting
- Detergence: Defoamer for dry cleaning and laundry
- Textile and Adhesive Industry
Under proper storage conditions, the shelf life is 2 years in closed packaging.
Health & Safety
Detailed information on the product described can be found in our relevant Health and Safety Information (Material Safety Data Sheet).