|Synonyms||Triethoxymethane; Orthoformic acid triethylester 1,1',1''-[Methanetriyltris(oxy)]triethane TEOF|
Triethyl orthoformiate (TEOF)
Triethyl ortoformate (TEOF) is a colorless liquid. Its common synthesis route is from the reaction between hydrogen cyanide and ethanol.
Triethyl ortoformate(TEOF) is an excellent reagent for converting compatible carboxylic acids to ethyl esters.
- Pharmaceutical API and intermediate synthesis
- Cosmetic additives: the product is used as intermediate to manufacturer Lycopene and 4-methoxy-alpha-methyl-Benzenepropanal
- Food Chemicals: TEOF is used as anintermediate to manufacturer Lycopene and Exaltolide
- Agrochemicals: this product is an intermediate to manufacturer: Isoxaflutole, Tioxazafen, Pyraclonil, Benzocaine, Thiamine, Azoluron, Japonilure, Ethyl Maltol, etc
- Veterinary Drugs: TEOF is used as an intermediate to manufacturer Amprolium, Pradofloxacin, Enrofloxacin and Orbifoxacin
- Polyurethane coating: it can be used as water scavenger for solvent based polyurethane coating where recommended weight content should be 1-3 %.
Packaging & Shelf Life
Stainless steel drums, 180 kg net
12 months from date of production under recommended storage conditions
Health & Safety
Detailed information on the product described can be found in our relevant Health and Safety Information (Material Safety Data Sheet)