|Synonyms||3-Ureidopropyltriethoxysilane (40-50% in methanol); N-(Triethoxysilylpropyl)urea; Ureidopropyltriethoxysilane|
Ureido Silane is 3-Ureidopropyltriethoxysilane solution in methanol. It is a bifunctional organosilane possessing a reactive organic ureido group and a hydrolyzable inorganic triethoxysilyl group.
The dual nature of its reactivity allows Ureido Silane to act as adhesive promoter between inorganic materials (i.e. glass, metals, fillers) and organic polymers (i.e. thermosets, thermoplastics, elastomers).
Ureido Silane is a 50% solution of silane in methanol, is a colorless liquid with an alcohol-like odor and is soluble in alcohols, ketones, esters or aromatic hydrocarbons.
- Primer or additive and for chemical modification in sealants and adhesives.
- Glass fiber/glass fabric composites: as a finish or size constituent
- Mineral fiber insulating materials and abrasives: as an additive to phenolic resin binders
- Foundry resins: as an additive to phenolic, furan and melamine resins
- Paints and coatings: as an additive and primer for improving adhesion to the substrate.
- Primer for glass and metal
- Surface modifier
Important product effects that can be achieved through the use of Ureido Silane are:
- Improved mechanical properties: e.g. flexural strength, tensile strength, impact strength, modulus of elasticity
- Improved resistance to moisture and corrosion
- Higher temperature of deflection under load
- Increased filler content
Packaging & Shelf Life
Drums à 180 kg net
Under proper storage conditions the shelf life is 12 months
Health & Safety
Detailed information on the product described can be found in our relevant Health and Safety Information (Material Safety Data Sheet)