|Synonyms||3-Di-n-butylamino-6-methyl-7-phenylaminofluoran; Anilinodibutylamino-methyl-spiro(isobenzofuran-1(3H9,9(9H)xanthen)-one; ODB2; ODB-II; 2-phenylamino-3-methyl-6-di-n-butylaminofluoran; 2'-anilino-6'-(dibutylamino)-3'-methyl-3H-spiro[2-benzofuran-1,9'-xanthen]-3-one|
WinCon-2 is the key color former for thermal and carbonless paper coatings.
Thermal Paper Application
WinCon-2 can be applied in the conventional way as a color former by the application of an aqueous coating composition to a pre-coated base paper followed by drying and calendaring. The coating composition will also contain appropriate amounts of various additives including for example color developer and sensitizer.
The performance of WinCon-2 will therefore be governed to some extent by the choice of the other coating components in the coating formulation as well as the quality of the base paper. A top coat may be applied on the thermal layer as a protective coating.
Characteristics Thermal Paper
- Suitable for almost all thermal paper grades
- Good dynamic sensitivity
- Excellent background stability
- Image stability might be negatively impacted in combination with BPA – this can be countered by blending with WinCon-205
Carbonless Paper Application
WinCon-2 is suitable for use as a color former in most carbonless paper applications. Main component for black image formulations or as shading component for other color image formulations.
Characteristics Carbonless Paper
- Compatible with commonly used capsule technologies
- Soluble in most commonly used capsule oils
- WinCon-2 typically develops a neutral to greenish-black shade in combination with phenolic resin and zinc salicylate as developers and a neutral to slightly bluish-black shade in combination with clay as developer.
- It has good light fastness on phenolic resin and zinc salicylate papers and moderate light fastness on clay papers. On phenolic resin and zinc salicylate papers the image fades slightly with reddening. On clay papers the image fades more markedly towards red.
Packaging & Shelf Life
600 kg Big bags, 500 kg Big bags, 25 kg Fibre drums, 20 kg Paper bags
Under proper storage conditions the shelf life is 36 months
Health & Safety
Detailed information about the product can be found in our Material Safety Data Sheet