|Synonyms||ETAC; 3-(N-ethyl-N-p-tolylamino)-6-methyl-7-anilinofluoran; 2'-Anilino-6'-(ethyl(p-tolyl)amino)-3'-methylspiro(isobenzofuran-1(3H),9'-(9H)xanthene)-3-one; Spiro(isobenzofuran-1(3H),9'-(9H)xanthen)-3-one, 6'-ethyl(4-methylphenyl)amino)|
2'-Anilin-6'(N-ethyl-p-toluidin)- 3'-methylspiro[isobenzofuran-1(3_H_),9'-xanthen]-3-on (ETAC) is a color former for thermal paper coatings.
ETAC is suitable for special paper grades when higher temperature exposures are expected.
- ETAC can be applied in the conventional way as a color former by the application of an aqueous coating composition to a pre-coated base paper followed by drying and calendaring. The coating composition will also contain appropriate amounts of various additives including for example color developer and sensitizer.
- The performance of ETAC will therefore be governed to some extent by the choice of the other coating components in the coating formulation as well as the quality of the base paper. A top coat may be applied on the thermal layer as a protective coating
- Low dynamic & static sensitivity
- Excellent background stability
- Reasonable image stability
- Slightly better absorption in the 675 nm region when used with TG-SA
- Melting point: 206°C
Packaging & Shelf Life
500 kg Big bags, 20 kg paper bags
Under proper storage conditions the shelf life is 36 months
Health & Safety
Detailed information about the product can be found in our Material Safety Data Sheet