|Synonyms||Diethyl carbonate; carbonic ether; Ethyl carbonate; Eufin; Ethyl carbonate; Carbonic acid diethyl ester|
Diethyl carbonate (DEC)
Diethyl carbonate (DEC) is a carbonate ester of carbonic acid and ethanol. It is a high quality solvent and textile auxiliary agent. At room temperature (25 °C) Diethyl carbonate (DEC) is a clear liquid.
- Ethylating and carbonylating reagents in organic synthesis.
- It is also used as solvents of nitro-cotton, cellulose ether, synthetic resin and natural resin in the textile printing and dyeing industry.
- can make dyeing uniformity and increase fading quality against sunshine
- solvent of polyamide, polyacrylonitrile and diphenol resin and it can improve feel of the textiles and anti-crease quality in the synthetic fiber industry.
- paint remover in the paint industry; in the plastic process it is the solvent if plasticizer or can be used as solvent of plasticizer directly or can be used as plasticizer directly.
- It is used to be prepare the electrolyte in the capacitor battery and lithium battery.
Under proper storage conditions, the shelf life is 12 months
Health & Safety
Detailed information on the product described can be found in our relevant Health and Safety Information (Material Safety Data Sheet)