|Phosphino carboxylic acid copolymer; PCAC
Phosphino carboxylic acid copolymer (PCAC)
Phosphino carboxylic acid copolymer (PCAC) is a multifunctional deposit control agent that provides great flexibility in developing phosphonate-based corrosion control formulations for cooling water, process water, and similar applications
Connect Chemicals is well recognized in the market as expert and capable partner for water treatment additives. Thanks to Connect Chemicals engineer experience we've developed a polymers series for water treatment including our Phosphino carboxylic acid Copolymer (PCAC).
The use of Phosphino carboxylic acid copolymer (PCAC) in the formulation can provide:
- Phosphate inhibition/dispersancy and calcium phosphonate stabilization
- Iron oxide dispersancy
- Zinc stabilization
- Calcium Carbonate
- PCAC can be used in the formulation as a building block to improve the performance of phosphate, polyphosphate, phosphonate, and zinc-based products.
- Phosphino carboxylic acid copolymer (PCAC) is soluble/miscible in Water and Ethylene glycol in all proportion.
- The product is soluble in Caustic Soda (50%). If diluted with Methanol may create a turbid solution.
- Phosphino carboxylic acid Copolymer (PCAC) is stable at temperatures up to 300°C.
- Phosphino carboxylic acid Copolymer (PCAC) is not affected by chlorine or other oxidizing biocides in standard conditions.
PCAC is FDA approved under 21 CFR 176.170 - 176.180
Under proper storage conditions, the shelf life is 12 months
Health & Safety
Detailed information on the product described can be found in our relevant Health and Safety Information (Material Safety Data Sheet)