|Synonyms||Stearamide; Octadecanamide; Stearoylamide; Octadecylamide; Stearoylamide; Octadecamide; Stearylamide; CAS 63163-80-4; CAS 124-26-5; EC 931-695-7; EC 204-693-2|
Stearic acid amide
Stearamide is available as a monoconstituent substance with European Community number assigned by ECHA.
EC 204-693-2 and CAS 124-26-5
as well as an UVCB
EC 931-695-7 and CAS 63163-80-4
Stearamide is a refined bio based saturated primary amide (Stearamide) which acts as an antiblocking agent for polyolefins, reducing the tendency of layers of films to stick together. Stearamide is used as solubilizers in multiple applications and is derived from naturally occurring vegetable oils.
- Stearamide reduces the blocking force making it a good anti-blocking agent for polyolefins.
- It is used as a cell size regulator in polyolefins foam production.
- It is used as a lubricant in Synthetic rubbers, PS, PVC, Cellulose -acetate, Phenolic, Amino resins, reducing the adhesion.
- It was one of the first sensitizers used in thermal paper. Nowadays its low cost makes it attractive as a supplementary sensitizer, i.e. used in combination with other sensitizer. Available in different types with varying C-18 content from 50% up to 90%.
- It is used as slip additives effectively reduce co-efficient of friction on film surface and are used as slip, anti-block and mould release agents. These additives are suitable for PP, PE and EVA.
- Stearamide contributes extrusion of elastomers by better surface finish, easier processing & increasing output rate. It makes extrusion easier without excessive wear.
- Stearamide act as a natural lubricant which helps to improve your injection molding process by reducing friction, allowing more efficient processing, and improving part quality time after time.
- It improves slip & water repellency properties.
- It reduce release force & surface friction of the plastic cap or closure to allow easier application and removal of the part.
- It reduce the coefficient of friction. Surfaces with higher slip are more scratch resistant, less easily soiled, easier to clean and more resistant to blocking.
- It is used in printing Inks - It increases the body and improves appearance by better ink lay. It reduces the crawling at the edges of the ink and prevents cracking or chipping of the ink.
The recommendations in this bulletin are made without guarantee since the conditions of use are beyond our control. Users are advised to make their own tests depending on machinery available and desired properties.
Under proper storage conditions, the shelf life is 12 months.
Health & Safety
Detailed information on the product described can be found in our relevant Health and Safety Information (Material Safety Data Sheet).